Friday 29 April 2011

Why I Love Sarah Palin

GOP Vice-Presidential nominee Sarah Palin givi...Image via Wikipedia



Many people, knowing my politics, wonder what on earth my fascination is with Sarah Palin, former, and perhaps potential, Presidential candidate for the GOP, and prolific sipper of Tea Party politics. Well, while I may never fall for a pig, a pig with lipstick will get me going every time, the possibilities are mind b(l)oggling.

Besides she's tough, real tough.No doubt about that. She is a dangerous woman, and there is more than a certain attraction for me in danger. I mean, I can just imagine myself with her in the Oval Office, finger poised on that button, and having already disposed of her hapless husband during an accidental off-loading of the shotgun she had so kindly packed into her husband's spare golf bag surreptitiously. I'd mistakenly pulled it out of the bag on the fourth tee, the double barrelled monstrosity having already been cocked, while reaching for my nine iron, and blew his head clear off.
Official portrait of Secretary of Defense Rich...Image via Wikipedia
The Dick Cheney defence worked. Our attorney's made certain of that, and now us two love doves are in the Oval Office which is actually more like an egg, and she has the nuclear fail-safe button within arms reach. Now, if that's not a turn on, what is? A gorgeous fifty something woman with a wayward daughter who is already calling me <>, sitting in the corridors of real power, surrounded by sycophants that wipe the very floor we walk on as we pass hand in hand together, with the cast of Saturday Night Live showering us with confetti, and David Letterman on hands and knees begging me to come onto the Late Show for an interview: the boy from the wrong side of the tracks down under makes good! Stuff your Royal Weddings. This is big news!

Tina Fey? Oh, could that be true? My infatuation is not with some swine made up to look like a princess from the snowfields of Alaska, but just dolled up New York comedienne? I thought it was Sarah on 30Rock, not Tina. How was I supposed to know. Don't hold me responsible. Fact is stranger than fiction, for sure, but sometimes fiction becomes fact, and things can get real blurry.

Tina Fey at the 2010 Comic Con in San DiegoImage via WikipediaAll right, already! Jeez, I'm over it. I admit I'm a bit strange and it is difficult to understand exactly what an urbane left-libertarian is doing falling head over heals for some hick governess who wears her masculinity strapped on tight under her dress for good measure. I am easily distracted. I admit it. I seek danger, and sometimes it seeks me. I do, however, prefer the simple life to the complexities of my imagination, charming though it can be to some at least. I think I'll just settle for my Facebook friends who love me, and I love them. Yes, I do love Sarah, but will just have to let her go. I would never know if it was Sarah or Tina I was sleeping with, and besides, that daughter of hers is downright dangerous, jail bait....


I wish someone would mention that phrase to a few of the boys down at Manly and St Kilda. Stay away from girls like Sarah, she's too dangerous for my liking...


Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. A well put together essay, PDJ. Todd should be suitably concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that his name? mr palin, I mean.

    meanwhile .. yes, noice work mr jones. a good read, with funny bits and more funny bits.

    and thanks also. you remind us of our sorry lack of input. we're an unprolific lot of mince fanciers, we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. reminded me to pull up my metaphorical posting sox. and perhaps even think about proof reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah, yes.
    It's that bouffon (sic) hairstyle that's driving the boys wild...
    Very scary for poor ole Todd tho, Jonesy. Hope he's wearing his codpiece....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I looked and there were all these comments. Thanks guys and dolls. I'd be worried if I were Todd. I'm about to loose it, and beside Tina Fey has just given birth again so I'm reliably informed, so I'll just have to focus my efforts on Alaska. Is it cold there? I have no idea. I know it's North to Alaska from the song.

    ReplyDelete