Tuesday 12 April 2011

The world is in a bad place when even LEGO people can get pissed off

When I was a tacker I could have a prisoner LEGO character in some random pirate jail with a nice big happy grin on his face. In fact I could pull this guys head off and put his head on a "female" body, yet that same stupid grin will be still staring up at me. Regardless of humiliation etc these dudes remained happy.
Just a few years ago I bought a LEGO toy as a novelty item for my office, the reason it was novel was that it depicted a random LEGO guy with a shovel in his hand standing beside some random vehicle... but what was surprising was this guy had a pissed off looking face (I could not find the exact vehicle on the LEGO site but here is a sample http://city.lego.com/en-US/Products/Default.aspx#3365).
LEGO people are not happy anymore.

6 comments:

  1. This is very true SHS. I was looking for a piccy from google images of some LEGO to add to the blog today, and the first picture was of a huge golden LEGO man ripping his chest open and lots of golden LEGO puring out. Heavens above. It was such a downer I thought I wouldnt risk the copyright infringement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. downer lego. oh dear ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a wooden puzzle, where the wooden bear has 6 interchangeable faces - happy, sad, scared, surprised etc. An educator explained to me that it helps kiddies to express & accept their emotions if their play things have a range of facades.
    (I think they look a bit ugly, but what would I know?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went on the LEGO site to find that picture and it was a very animated site! Which brings me to Daisy's comment or a new post... one sec!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...nah scratch that, I started writing something which then meant having to write about something else which then meant having to write about something else etc until I was trying to solve Zeno's Paradox by differential calculus, and you know how that can get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...in essence I was trying to write about what Daisy brought up, that is imagination in children being ruined... poor kiddies

    ReplyDelete