Monday 11 April 2011

last and definitely least

"when in rome" I picked this up in a spirit of rebellion, thinking - maybe, just MAYBE, it'll be so bad it's funny. almost, but not quite. PG rated romcom containing kristen bell (aka, sarah marshall), josh duhamel, angelica huston, danny devito, and the glorious dax shepard (aka, frito, not sure's lawyer). imdb rating is something like 5/10, but I'd call that generous. a woeful 'romp' of chance and mischance and every other hackneyed romcom device squeezed, kicking and screaming, into a very dire couple of hours. ancient roman love spells, fountains (in which, naturally, the lovelorn heroine dances while drunk and in a ball gown), and bad italian accents. the single redeeming feature being, of course, dax shepard as an extreme narcissist - mildly amusing for whole seconds. for your sins ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsb8U014Hs0

7 comments:

  1. surprised you would even pick it up.
    I can generally tolerate a romcom when my celebrum is in vacation mode, bit this one was crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to, it was so very very bad!

    I'll not confine my warblings to the good and the mediocre, young wilhelmina, no I won't :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ betty. sometimes you just have to go out on a long and spindly limb to find comedic gems - intentional comedies or otherwise. this venture in limb crawling failed, but the next one might not. I live in hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. zackly why I had to kiss a lot of frogs.

    and did I really write celebrum instead of cerebrum? This multi-tasking business is hell on spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course lovely spocky darthy buttocks, review whatever takes yer fancy, sometimes the worst fillums yield the best rants...

    ReplyDelete
  6. what takes my fancy is ....

    the celebrum of javier beltran :p

    ReplyDelete