Thursday 12 May 2011

speaking of cold ...

we cracked the big zero this morning .... yeee hawwwwww ! husperson found the podcar iced in verily when attempting to travel to the saltmine. and there's snow down to 800m .. double yeee hawwwwwwwwwww! tells ya what though, it don't half bring out the touristas. this place is crawling with city folk on weekends, now that the trees have turned. t'other day I needed eggs and literally had to park at home to get them, such was the congestion in the villarge. peeps in scarves and gloves everywhere - taking pics of trees, marvelling that cafes have Open Fires, shivering theatrically, ecetera ecetera. I think they actually come up here to feel cold, ya know. it's a semi-extreme sport - which I totally dig, being a cold lover and all - just that their idea of cold differs somewhat to my own. and since you mention gardens .... I'm revelling in all the extra hours spent in ours. I can't wait to get into it the minute the tenders are delivered to BG of a morning. boots on, hat firmly installed, trowels ahoy! at the moment I have a last rush of tomotoes, lotsa winter veg just coming up, new frog pond as of last weekend so water chestnut and vietnamese mint and such going in around that. all the garden furniture pulled into sunny sheltered positions around the place - after a long hibernation deep in the shade of back verandah. I tells ya, I can barely bring meself indoors these days :D

1 comment:

  1. bbbrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Sleet. Two days and 1 night of sleet. Brought down the tree which took out the phone and puter. Meanwhile, 2 mins up the road all was fluffy snow. We're just that little bit too low...

    ReplyDelete