Saturday 7 May 2011

Dancing 'round the maypole in the shadow of her eye...



CelestinaImage by Lola Montiel vIt was out on a western plain during the last week that I saw her. Those eyes caked on with charcoal she'd recovered from last nights campfire as Pinto, my pinbald pony stood nonchalantly waiting for me to mount her.

My foppish off-sider, Miguel, straight back from his Torture Memorial tour of his native Chile turned and said to me, "Hey, Pedro, I think we better get out of her quick smart", and I had nothing but admiration for the insightfulness of his remark. This women was dangerous. I doubt if she'd even waited for the heat to leave the embers before applying mascara to her big black eyes.

I shuddered to think as I urinated at the base of a dead mulga gum, Pinto and Miguel asleep in the distance, both on their feet, while she looked at me, or in any case,. I could feel those eyes burning at the back of my neck as I stood there flicking the last bits of bodily waste off of my nether regions.

"How ya doin'. honey?" she asked from a distance, now making her way towards me. I somehow knew this gal was trouble, big trouble, a honey pot sent to disturb my state of mind away from peacefulness and to distract me from my true love revealed in these pages only last week.
360° panorama of Racetrack Playa in Death Vall...Image via Wikipedia
"Ah, just fine." I said repacking my dongle back into my dungarees and turning to face this desert beauty. 
"It's a beautiful night out here on the prairie." I said as I tilted my head towards the star studded sky trying to distract her from my vulnerable self.

She was on to me. Celestina as she was known to us, made her way towards the maypole in her black dress and red scarf tying back her hair that blended seamlessly in the night sky. With one arm on the maypole, and those dark black eyes charlcoaled heavily so that they became indistinguishable from the surrounding night air, crisp with cool dryness, she swung herself around without taking her seductive eyes off of me. "Want to come play with me big boy?"

God, ever since I'd made public my twisted love affair with dangerous women in general, and Sarah Palin in particular, there was no peace left in my life. Miguel had said to me as we'd ridden the dust ridden plains earlier in the day on his trusty steed Punto, "Pedro, you've really done it this time. Around every corner we move, there is another pot of 'oney to take your mind off the one you truly love. And this Celestina, no one has ever resisted her feminine charms."

I wish he'd just shut up. I'm sick and tired of Miguel's musings.

Anyway, Pinto and Punto took as quietly across the rocky outcrops and through the bracken effortlessly, just braying once or twice on the way, and managing to keep both Miguel and my feet from scrapping along the ground. That was until we reached the camp ground and dismounted to set up camp by the banks of Lake Wallamugulla.

It was there she'd caught up with us on her big chesnut thoroughbred stallion, Prince, and now, some hours later, was tormenting me with those eyes, those eyes that could see through to the seat of my soul, and disarm my manliness before her femininity. What chance did I have before such a sultry temptress?

Sarah Palin holding a T-shirt related to the G...Image via Wikipedia


I surrendered to the power she had over me, and went to her and we danced around the maypole till dawn. Pinto and Punto did not bat an eyelid, being accustomed to such shenanigans, and nor did Prince.

Miguel didn't stir either until the sun started to rise about 6 am. When he did awake, his eye caught mine and he smiled as if to say, "Ah Pedro, what Sarah doesn't know will never hurt her!" and went off to prepare our breakfast. Bake beans on toast I believe we had. Miguel may be a fop, but he knows what a man needs after a hard night out.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Love your clever & surreptitious inclusion of the weekly themes! And glad to hear the love life of yourself & your pony is on the rise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why havent you included Matt Preston? What have you got against him?
    I bet you're a Scorpio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, Matt Preston. I was thinking of Matt Dillon actually. And yes, I am a scorpio. How do you know that? Hey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look, astrology is gripping stuff. Gripping. So obviously, being a highly talented astrologer I just KNEW.

    ReplyDelete