Tuesday 24 May 2011

Review/Discussion: Angry Boys- or is it too early to review it?

Anyone else watching?
If you miss episodes you can find a link here, where the entire episode can be watched online: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/angryboys/
Now here's my ten cents worth:
I didnt find the first episode funny. I kept waiting and hoping. I kept worrying 'what if Chris Lilley's delivered a stinker?' Some part of me was engaged in admiring his astonishing characters, but I was mainly dismayed that I just wasnt laughing.
I found parts of the second episode funny. But more importantly, I felt relaxed by Lilley's outrageous storytelling. Which has always been as important as his character gags. And his stories have always built and built. And when I think back, I was never rolling off the couch cackling in the first episode of 'We Can Be Heroes' either. But it was all new, and I had no expectations.
I've seen enough to stop worrying. This aint no stinker. Will be a uniquely funny series. Read a critique of his S.Mouse character- that rap should have been laughed at 10 years ago, that it's not relevant, that its old material. Tell that to S.Mouse and get the joke.
9pm ABC1; 10.15pm Tues ABC 2.
Other verdicts?

3 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to get to it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did catch glimpses of the show last night. Same format as the previous series'. I liked some characters more than others...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love angry boys :D

    NATHANNNNNNNNNNNNNN !

    ReplyDelete