Monday 16 May 2011

eurohappiness

sigh ... sigh ... sigh ... too much europop is not enough!. hilights for mr and mrs buttocks - fronch tenor boy (also in need of a bobbypin). fkn stupendous he was - and cute as several buttons, moldova (where the hell is moldova anyway?), who sang the only song with testicles, and the brass section of the eye-tie outfit. and I mean to say, they were the Proper hilights. the lowlights which ultimately always remain in one's euromemories longer, where plenty. the obligatory white suits, barry manilow melodies, inexplicable background antics from dancers and ... SAND ARTISTS, Vera Bud Engleeeesh, chortley observations from sam pang, etc etc. sigh ... edited to say .. how the fuck did azerberjoobyjabby win? I mean, I get that they won because europe voted, and such, but how did europe arrive at the decision that a bloke in a White Suit singing longingly to his mum, who was wearing a) a nightie, or b) a protty wedding dress, was the pick of the lot? I'll never understand those europopsters, never. and amen to that! :D

6 comments:

  1. But check out the Aus voting on SBS. Jedward won by a head. Or should I say 2 heads? Anyway, it was a crasee, crasee night, yes? This household is still talking with Euro accents.
    Tchuss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jedward is where you go in prison isn't it? Nice bit of obsessiveness there incontinence. Personally, those hairdos were just too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes yes yes...beautifully put darthypops. I mourned my computer...didnt get to vote on the SBS vote (Would have voted for Moldova but my heart also belongs to Jedwed)..thought there may have been some chat happening here. Yes, for a moment there I thought that Ukraine was going to win the Eurovision Sand Artistry Contest. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that that WET duet from Azerbajan was going to do it. Bleuh. One of my least fave winners for some years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...dropped back in to say that at the Eurovision do I attended there was obviously the general hilarity at the white suits. One viewer amongst us took exception to the joke. Wanted to know why we didnt like white suits, etc etc. Said she hadnt noticed from year to year that anyone wore white pants. She liked white pants. She owned white pants...which just goes to show...that white pants arent only european, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe you see white strides in florida ... and on the sunshine coast.

    but that's a funny story, wilms. I can sorta even picture the white pant indignation amongst all that eurosneering :D

    we missed yer euro-input, meanwhile. felt sure you'd be in euroheaven and blogging like a maniac post-prandially! as it stands, I did if for you. even managed some spelling errors in my euroexcitement :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a 'burb near me which is famed for its white slacks. There's the gold option, teaming white trousers with dazzling sandles & gilt shoulder bag, or the nautical angle, with blue/red striped top and jaunty cap. snort.
    I wonder if they carry handkerchiefs to lay on grubby public seating?

    ReplyDelete