Saturday 21 May 2011

DVD Review: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Sepia. It's all very sepia. Pretty music, wistful, whimsical, for those of us who enjoy slow moving films occasionally with rambling dialogue and 1:1 scenes ( no! not The Hours! not The Hours! I said slow moving, not paint drying with plasticine noses!). Where was I. Benjamin Button. I enjoyed it. Read reviews accusing it of being trite, not engaging deeply with its themes of the cycle of life and true love, oh for chrissakes. It was a quirky short story and it's a quirky, curious movie. Cate's gorgeous. Brad's Brad. Enjoy. 6.5/10

2 comments:

  1. I skipped this movie. Is it worth a look see on dollar day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I'd say so Betts. It's slow moving, so it may not be for everyone. But we enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete