Thursday 3 November 2011

UK Squeeze - Black Coffee in Bed (Stereo)

...I have been trying to remember this song for the last 24 hours...all I had was the final line running around in my head over and over. I was wondering- what was it about this song that was so important to me in my youth? When I rediscovered it, would the lyrics be fraught with meaning, showing the depths of my teenagehood? Well. Funky voice singing classic blues progressions. Lyrics about being back on the beat after she's dumped him. Deep. Still a stonking good song and vocal, tho with hindsight Neil Finn did a similar vocal style and haircut much better. Think I was listening for vox, soul and blues sounds as a teen, under all that hair and makeup. Keep an eye out for the Ted Dansen look alike on keyboards, giving the vid a distinct 'Cheers' feel......

1 comment: