Tuesday 29 November 2011

Movie Review - Twilight - Breaking Dawn Part 1

Alright first up let me say how bad I am at reviews.... but here it goes.

On the weekend me and a group of us gals went to the cinemas (only my second time this year) and it was decided that we watch the current Twilight movie. In the past I have always waited for it to come out of DVD just because I don't want to have to listen to teens going "OMG Edward" or "OMG Jacob" throughout the movie. I already know that Team Jacob is the only side that you need to be on. Thankfully the cinema wasn't too full so those kind of comments where kept to a dull roar.

Bella and Edward get hitched and to be honest it lacked chemistry for me, but then I have always thought that those 2 characters were poorly cast as they never did much for me as a couple. I did however like Bella's wedding dress, if only I have the figure to pull off such a dress myself. Jacob looked a lot hotter than in previous movies and even my friends who were misguidedly Team Edward at the start of the movie admitted to being converted by the end.

For anyone who has read the books, the movie wasn't too far different. Well no more so than normal when you are comparing books to movies. The honeymoon island was beautiful and while it has received bad reviews about how they portrayed Bella being pregnant I still didn't consider it to be too bad. I mean let's face it, what part of it at all was normal, so it didn't really matter to me that she looked odd.

The one part that did stand out for me was the birth. I don't mind a little blood, but IMO it was overkill. I actually felt squeamish watching it all. That and then the way that they depicted Bella turning into a vampire just made my skill crawl a little. I think it was more that I was still trying to get over the whole blood thing that made it harder for me to watch.

I found the fight scene between the Wolves and Vampires at the end a little unbelievable, but then I guess working on a green screen can have that effect. Overall I didn't think that it was a bad movie. If you watch it at the cinema, wait a little as there is a preview to the next movie (part 2) that is a little bit of a teaser.

5 comments:

  1. WHAT?????
    Bella turns into a vampire????
    OMG, what a spoiler :p
    Just kidding BIQ, interesting to hear you're on team Jacob. Sounds very biblical :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally can't see the attraction in her becoming a vampire.... I mean REALLY? Sparkly skin?? WFT? I want drugs like that!

    It does sound very biblical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review, BIQs :)

    plannning to go next week with a couple of the ladeeez. we're all team jake apart from one holdout. hopefully this'll convert her, too.

    interesting what you say about chemistry, meanwhile. to my mind they have absolutely zero. dear old kristin is so horribly wooden it's hard to imagine her having chemistry at all, let alone reacting chemically to another. and Rpatz is such a soppy foppy wet thing of a vampire that he might as well be a girl. for a couple who really did fire each other up chemically (in real life), it sure translates badly to screen.

    then I guess that's why any red blooded she-viewer is going to be firmly and irrevocably team jake. he's the only thing in the whole blighted series that seems to truck actual testosterone. oh, and he has awesome abs :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. inneresting. inneresting.
    I haven't dashed out to dabble in 4a, but suspect I will succumb soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hit the cinemas today & have a girly report to file. Because it is essentially a girly movie. One quarter of the film is given over to the wedding, where the guests thoughtfully wore matching hues of lavender. Another quarter of the film depicts the honeymoon, where Bella laments that Eddie doesn't put out enough. The remaining half of the movie covers Bella's pregnancy. So nothing at all for the blokes (well maybe until after the movie). Overall, it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating, although the wolf - telecommunicating bit was farcical. Disappointing to see much of the soundtrack rehashed & reheated from previous instalments, although some may have enjoyed the nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete