Friday 23 September 2011

What If Scenarios...

The other show I was watching the other day, coincidentally not on the same day as Beauty and the Geek, was Futurama. Futurama, not coincidentally, is a much better show than Beauty and the Geek... allow me to ramble once more before I attempt to make a point - right now I am following a stream of consciousness and I do not know what the final destination will be... animation takes a lot of effort, or at least it used to, that is why cartoons are awesome, as people have to really think about the message they are trying to give before spending 36 hour days re-drawing the same character over and over and over again, unlike blogging where a person can just ramble on for paragraph after paragraph after paragraph without actually making a point - like Beauty and the Geek... what was I talking about again?
Oh yes Futurama, and the episode where they look at some What If? scenarios... Here is my What If? scenario... What If Buttocks never told a certain member at a certain other forum to get pharqued? Where would we be now? That is, has this forum impacted on our respective lives enough to have actually changed the trajectories of our lives...?

10 comments:

  1. Personally, if I did not come on this forum, then Wilma would not have told me where the DragonQuest Key was hidden on Stage 5 of "DragonShadow - The return of the Dragon's shadow" which means I could never have traveled back in time, which means I would never have introduced my grandparents, which means I would never have been born!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like that Simpsons episode where Homer turns the toaster into a time machine, & travels back in time under strict orders not to touch anything. When he sneezes on a T-Rex, the entire population of dinosaurs is wiped out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha!

    I think it was fernygrove nursing home that I told to get fucked, weren't it?

    ah ... those were the days. heady, tenny, boganny, and chock full of cold angels, enormous lesbians, and perimenopausal malcontents :D

    but where were we? oh right right ... life changing get fuckeds. prolly. I mean to say, I have a new regard for canberry now. that's new! and all because smokey runs around the joint in his underpants. then there's our groovy gumbooter and my fellow big smoke eschewer, wilmatronical. knowing her is like knowing ... good stuff :D.

    can't roolly consider betty a product of the get fucked, as she and I have been doing a soft shoe shuffle since the sequinned days of nancy dancy jason yeah-ery (just had a flashback to lim jousting with his niblets ... oh my ...), but still, enhancements not disregarded :)

    I guess that's a yes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm.
    so in short, a well-placed expletive can be a catalyst for a whole new dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.
    I actually have to be grateful to ferny for sumfink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....and yes!
    This is a lt more fun than foruming, tho I wouldnt mind an additional few kindred nutters to write with them.
    And if we werent on this blog, I would have spent the first half of last Thursday in Brissy very differently. And my daughter would not be dressed as a bee....

    ReplyDelete
  7. so Newton was right after all - every action does have a reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps we should place a classified advert for new contributers:

    "If you like Pina Coladas..."

    ReplyDelete
  9. the aforementioned yank, gainsborough, has shown his colours by eschewing our sublime banter. else he's too busy jousting with right wing nutbags over in crazyland. hiya gainsforth, you spineless billy goat :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, and mwah mwah mwah mwah to the rest of you. my life is richerer and fruitier for having 'met' yooz. XOX.

    ReplyDelete