Tuesday 5 July 2011

Pandas and Tigers and Earthquakes, oh my!

What a strange place Melbourne is today. Icy gale force winds and two earth tremors here. The first one sounded as if there was a loud washing machine in the kitchen off balance and on a spin cycle, the I remembered we dont keep our washing machine in the kitchen; it wasnt on anyway and it never rattles the doors and windows like that....interestingly startling, I'd say. The next one was about an hour later and more of the same, just not as large. I hear that the epicentre was out in Gippsland and it was around 4.6, so that's fairly large for these parts....no damage to anyone..

In other news, I took kid A to see Kung Fu Panda 2 today with friend and friend's mummy. Um. Jack Black doing the voiceover for a Panda called Poh whose bestie is a hardcore kungfu tiger called Tigress. I can give you the plot if you like. No, really; you're welcome to ask me. Lots of animated karate chops. Bit scary for kid A (who had pronounced the earthquake 'cool')so she sat on my knee and ate too much popcorn (again) and felt sick (again). In other words, she had a lot of fun...if you take your kids you wont want to pluck your eyeballs out or throw chairs at the screen or anything & you may chuckle occasionally; will suit primary aged kids...the ending sets us all up for Kungfu Panda 3, so hold onto your hats...

5 comments:

  1. I heard tell of your tremblings and wobblings! Also heard that a meteor (or an alien spacecraft) plummeted into the sea off the gippsland coast :o. which caused which is what I'd like to know!. meanwhile we have the gale-ish icey winds here, too. which is noice for those of us within spitting distance of the snowline - and on school hols to boot!

    kung fu bears. I loved the first one. laffed like a 6 year old for much of it. that and wall-e were the only two kids flicks I've seen in the past few years that didn't make me want to self imolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to mention 'the scorcerer's apprentice'. also didn't make me long for a general anaesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there a fault line in central Viccy? Cuh-razy weather.
    The lot here went to see the noodling panda. It's the hols of sequels, isn't it?
    - Cars 2
    - Kung Fu Panda 2
    - Eyelinered Pirates 4
    - Transformers 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wall E is gorgeous. Love it to pieces. would watch it without kids if I had to.
    Hadnt heard about the meteor. What excitement!
    Yes, think I'm avoiding the other kids movies you've mentioned these holidays, due to the extreme youthfulness of my brood. But one local cinema has an Angelina Ballerina offering on show and I dont think I'll be able to avoid it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shrek would be one of the most parent-friendly kid movies.

    ReplyDelete