Wednesday 13 July 2011

Morning All.........

Holidays 3/4 survived.
Trip to the snow yesterday including wailing, wailing, caterwauling children. Bubby had 2 frozen yellow snot icicles hanging from his nose. Kid A kicked off her boots before I could stop her, to see what it felt like, then wondered why she was so cold. I havent been up Mt DonnaBuang since I was a kid and I'm here to tell you that they havent improved the facilities at all in that time....Clothing change helped a little, chocolate helped considerably more. Hubby and I reminisced about trips we have taken the kids on: 'seaside of despair', 'snow from hell', 'aquarium of despondency', 'zoo of pain', 'Scienceworks of shrieking barking insanity'...

6 comments:

  1. yay snow times two!

    scienceworks of shrieking insanity ... snorffles. I LOVE scienceworks. but not spotswood so very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, yay snow, maybe sure.
    Not near us. about 40 km away, up Mt DonnaBuang.
    we took em there because they're too little to ski (and we dont)
    But it was icy and slushy. Hadnt snowed for about 5 days.Didnt have enough snow gear or a toboggan, no where to hire, no kiosk, nuttin.
    Nice to visit Warburton tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scienceworks is ace, verily. But whe kid A was just turned 3 and not napping but wiped out and overwhelmed ( as a country kid is) by the hundreds of swarming holiday kids all battling to play with the same things as her, it became the Scienceworks of bshrieking barking insanity.
    Re Spotswood: so close into Melbourne that its full of young famblies and perambulators these days. Not for me tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precisely why I have never made that harrowing ordeal with my lot. Whinging! The beach is test enough of my strength, with sand in crevices, itchy salt water, refusal to wear hats, & a hike over molten sand to the amenities block. Multiply this with below zero temps - no way! I'll leave that to granny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make hem go for a swim at Waratah Bay, and tell them it is an ancient ritual designed to make them clever AND what's more, they can have McDoh's Children's meal.

    ReplyDelete