Thursday 8 December 2011

dear o dearie me

this, I think, was something of an attempt at 'notes on a scandal', period style. and while the setting and the clobber were thoroughly marvy, the story was awful. that is to say, it was badly told. and to make matters worse, it's evidently some oversexed man's idea of heaven. putrescent and patently male focus on the hot-housed festering lesbianism of your 1930's remote and religious boarding school ... complete with nude moonlit swims and stunning, highly risque school marms. natch. 2/10.

2 comments:

  1. crikey, darthy. Didnt I see Ridley Scott's name stuck on the credits? Surely the man responsible for Sigg Weaver giving birth to aliens wouldnt have a dodgy view of women, would he?
    Sigh.
    I allus enjoyed Picnic at Hanging Rock, meanwhile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. crikey is right, luvs!

    yeah yeah, picnic at HR rocks :p. I took the trouble to try and disappear there myself, after seeing the flick. didn't work :D

    ReplyDelete