Thursday 17 March 2011

'INCEPTION' review. better late than never. or not.

a run-of-the-mill, big-budget, hollywood sci-fi blockbuster. And I was left bored. so bored, in fact, that I fell asleep. gun-toting, bad physics, good guys/bad guys, utterly dull dreamscapes, unsurprising surprise ending. what a disappointment. could have been SO interesting without all that drearily prosaic (and formulaic ... I'm a poet and I do know it) gunplay and beat the clock 'suspense'. jeebers christos on a bike .... ski racing? where was bond, james bond?

7 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww, that makes me sad :( I liked this movie more than a fresh slice of kelp on a stick of margarine!

    The only thing I did not like was how long 39 seconds in whichever dream level it was that took like 2000 minutes... but the ideas of ideas in the movie had my cerebral cortex kicking into overdrive... you know how it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how it is ... but this film didn't pull of the knowing. you know?

    really, with just a dash of insmelligence it could have been awesome. all thinky and imaginationy instead of all gunsy and bad-guysy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh rightio, didnt notice you posted your review darthy; commented on such earlier.
    If you can, I think you should get onto the At the Movies website and find the review where David Stratton calls Inception one of the most important fillums of the decade or sumfink. Verra funny. Makes you wonder what they'd slipped in his tea prior to the showing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. well that settles it wilma .... stratton is a NOOB!

    roolly, it's shiite, that movie. glossily put together and such, but shiite nevertheless. sorry smokey :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...none taken ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must admit that I was disappointed with Inception too. It could have been almost there, if I was a little less cynical.

    ReplyDelete