Sunday 28 August 2011

Yes I am still alive

...hello my lovely lovelies, so many days, so little time to blog wid u all! How goes it? Havent read back yet, but will just as soon as I've finished this entry.
So....about a week & a half ago, our computer upstairs really really crashed, maybe for good this time, taking with it the paper I'd been writing to present for work and which had not been saved to a USB stick. Which would have made me quite ill, if I hadnt been ill already- whole fambly has a chunky snotty cough and we seem to keep re infecting each other. Winter is just that one month too long, in my book. So my situation has been that I dont have a computer up in the general childcare area where I spend most of my time; the only internet in the house at the mo is downstairs in the music studio. So I'm currently crouched down here, in between towering stacks of hubby's sheet music, old photos and chairs waiting to be restored, with the heater on full blast because we have adopted 3 baby chickens from Kid A's kinder and they need the heater on. Because they're here too; tucked inconveniently just behind my chair. This is not conducive to regular blogging. Our whole weekly routine seems to be galloping along at a crazy speed and we havent had a final diagnosis on the upstairs computer. And we dont have a chook pen yet either. The chickens and the computer are getting a little muddled in my brain at the mo. Never mind.
Oh yes, the talk for work. Which was always ambitious, but vaguely possible when I had the upstairs computer. I'm about a 2 thirds complete. Need to keep writing, need to get my powerpoint happening. So it's still possible. its just that there's chickens involved now. And now I shall go read what you've all been doing whilst I've been away. Cluck cluck.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to hear that you are alive and well still..... well maybe not totally well, but getting there.

    Bugger about the computer.... hope that it isn't too bad. Glad that you had things backed up though.

    Chickens.... awww cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds foul!
    or should that be fowl?
    (groan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. salutations, wilms. will the chooks be ready for xmas lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oi darthy, ..thought you'd disappearedtoo for a while there!
    if the chooks end up being roosters, they may well end up being christmas lunch.
    Where's the evil smiling devils head emoticon when you need it. <;->

    ReplyDelete