Sunday 7 August 2011

Dunno about you lot, but winter's back :(

Icy rain and wind, and I have a sore throat for the occasion.
Kids are very pleased. They can pretend they havent heard me ordering them around.
'No standing on the couch', she whispers.'Dont hit your brother dont bite your sister stop eating the butter stop shaking sultanas all over the floor dont swing on the staircase no you cant have six apples before bed even if they're good for you because they'll give you a stomach ache so put them all back you're big enough to put your own pyjama top on without help the reason we're not making invitations for your birthday party is because its August and your birthday isnt till November thats months away now go back to bed honey I cant do this anymore can you talk to them?????'

3 comments:

  1. oh dear.... :( Hope that you are feeling better soon

    I know myself that we have had rain for a while now, these last few weeks have been the most winter type weathery days we have had in the whole season

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny & 25 in Brissytown today. And being in full voice hasn't stopped my lot from playing up.
    Grr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally recognise your very long sentence, wilmatron.

    it varies only minutely from my nightly monologue, sore throat or not. and to think we almost missed the parenting boat ...

    ReplyDelete