Monday 3 October 2011

giggle giggle well well well...

I'm banking on him never reading this....
Hey, remember me posting reminiscences about listening to the Go Betweens and being sooooo in love followed by broken hearted aged 18/ 19 ?
WELL.
I was sitting at the local pool watching kid A during her swimming lesson on Sat, when I hear "hi Wilma" (except he didnt call me Wilma)
...and I turn around- and it was the boy! 20 years older, sans hair, several kilos heavier, rahdirah...
His kid has swimming lessons at the same time as Kid A. Gold.
Need to add here that we're a long way out from the city- not many of our crew have moved here. It's more than unusual to bump into someone you know from years ago. And it's a small swimming pool.
So I find meself sitting chatting away about solar panelling with Mr ancient flame, whilst our kids splash around....
The world moves in strange ways. How very full circle. Pleased to say not even a twinge of stirring romance. Got rubbished a lot by husby when I got home & told the story.

2 comments:

  1. Well we won't rubbish you. But I don't know if I'm disappointed or relieved at the lack of residual spark.
    A good story to keep up your sleeve for your daughter's first heartbreak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! Great one for daughter (and son) in the future.
    Re residual spark: would have made a great blog story, wouldnt it? Not as pleasant a real life thing, tho...fortunatement, he caint & wont never hold a candle to the three permanent loves of my life, eg hub & the ankle biters. Added to which, there's a lot of the story (which shall remain untold) in which it would be noted that lovers need to be friends with integrity for the duration of the lovering, should they wish to remain friends after the lovership is over...

    ReplyDelete