Tuesday 25 September 2012

Royal Melbourne Show 2012



Parental highlights: Tastes of Victoria pavillion had awesome stone fruit jams and teas but the roasted goat knocked my socks off, so I bought a leg to try roasting myself. Anyone here ever roasted goat?

Kid A Highlights: Rides! Showbags! Flashing Minnie Mouse bow headband! PLEASE can I have more than one showbag...why not? Can I spend my own money on another ride? Yay! Bungee jumping..slides....beanie kids...inarticulate but constant babble...

Kid B highlights: Asked for and got the Batman showbag,which had a Batman cossie in it. Kid B put it on and channelled Batman for the entire show with a solemn and passionate focus cute and funny. Fell asleep n the car with his mask on. Woke up and howled when I slid his mask off. So I held it over his eyes for 10 seconds and he fell asleep again. (Betty, you may recall giving me a bag of dressups last year- Kid B lives in the pair of Spiderman pants and hat from that bag much of the time- should post a photo!)

We have a photo of Kid A with an ENORMOUS cheapo ball she coveted and her flashing headband, and kid B as Batman with his $2 light sabre which really sums up the whole horrorshow, will download if I can because it just screams 'showtime!'.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Glad the dressups are enjoying a second life. I'm currently doing another cull, which is difficult given the era of book week parades & English dramatisations which lead maters to last minute, night before dress up box scrambling.

    2. I took my lot to the Ekka earlier this year, for the first time in about 5 years.Observations were:
    - Qld Rail have been heeding my blog rants, & issued an economical train/show ticket. There's a train station in the Ekka showgrounds, so it's tres convenient.
    - The woodchoppers took a 90min lunch break - I was keen to eat our $5 bucket of chips while watching axe-wielding, singleted country menfolk, but it wasn't to be
    - Showbags were from $5. Maths adroitness led mine to the conclusion that they'd be better off at Woolies with a $5 note.
    - The rides looked dodgy - have they seen a spanner in this lifetime?
    - Why encourage pre-teen boys with inflatable & oversized baseball bats?

    ReplyDelete